“The Korean mob film Scorsese would be proud of.” – Jacob Templin, TIME.com
1982. South Korea. Set to lose his job as a customs officer, Choi Ik-hyun has no hesitation in approaching a local crime syndicate to sell drugs confiscated by him and quickly partners up the city’s most powerful mob boss, Choi Hyung-bae (Ha Jung-woo, The Yellow Sea). In less than ten years, Ik-hyun becomes a powerful criminal force in his own right, armed with a book of contacts and knack for exploiting distant family relations, but his longtime partnership with Hyung-bae strains under their own success. A blockbuster film in its home country, Nameless Gangster features another bravura performance by Choi Min-sik (Oldboy, I Saw the Devil) as the buffoonish yet canny Ik-hyun and a spot-on reconstruction of 1980s and ’90s Busan, South Korea, set amid the country’s period of rampant crime and corruption.
- Audio commentary with director Yoon Jong-bin
- The Golden Age of the Bad Guys, a making-of documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew
- The War on Crime, a featurette on South Korean organized crime and the government’s war against it in 1990
- Gangsters of the 1980s – Busan, reviewing the style, fashion, and production design of Nameless Gangster
- The Music in Those Days …, a review of Nameless Gangster‘s period music
- Footage from the première
- Theatrical trailer, teasers, and TV spots
- 24-page booklet of photos, production stills, and promotional materials, plus an interview with director Yoon Jong-bin
“Who You Know” Edition – Package Includes:
- Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time on Blu-ray or Standard DVD featuring over 3 hours of bonus material!
- DRM-free Digital Download of the film in 1080p, 720p, and mobile/tablet formats
- Instant Download of the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Jo Yeong-wook and including Jang-Ki-ha and the Faces’ “I Heard a Rumor”
- 27″ x 40″ reversible theatrical one-sheet