The Criterion Collection, a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films presents The Limey.
Terence Stamp is Wilson, a English ex-con who arrives in Los Angeles to hunt down the man responsible for his daughter’s “accidental” death, a record producer named Terry Valentine (Peter Fonda). Propelled along an increasingly brutal search for the truth, Wilson’s singleminded desire for revenge splinters into a meditation on cultural dislocation, an elegy on fatherhood, and a radical, fragmentary investigation of memory. Conceiving of the film as “Alain Resnais making Get Carter” and featuring throwback casting with Stamp, Fonda, Barry Newman, and Joe Dallesandro, Steven Soderbergh’s The Limey is a modern tough guy classic and a seminal work of American independent cinema.
- Restored 4K digital transfer, approved by director Steven Soderbergh and cinematographer Edward Lachman, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary with Soderbergh and writer Lem Dobbs
- Audio commentary with Terence Stamp, Peter Fonda, Lesley Ann Warren, Barry Newman, Joe Dallesandro, Soderbergh, and Dobbs
- New introduction by Soderbergh
- New conversation with Soderbergh, editor Sarah Flack, cinematographer Edward Lachman, and actors Luis Guzmán and Lesley Ann Warren
- Deleted scene featuring Ann-Margret
- Isolated music score
- Trailers and TV Spots
- PLUS: A new essay by critic Ashley Clark
The Criterion Collection, a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films presents The ‘Burbs.
Tom Hanks is Ray Peterson, a family man whose plan for a peaceful vacation at his suburban home on Mayfield Place is soon complicated when he and the other residents of the cul-de-sac observe strange happenings at the home of Ray’s new next-door neighbors, The Klopeks. Much to the disappointment of his wife Carol (Carrie Fisher), Ray and his buddies become convinced that a missing neighbor has fallen victim to the sinister Klopeks and, armed with assault rifles, high-powered binoculars, and shovels, they decide to see for themselves what terrors lurk just over Ray’s fence. A stand-out, tongue-in-cheek horror-comedy, The ‘Burbs is modern cult classic that assembles a superb cast, including Bruce Dern, Henry Gibson, Rick Ducommun, Brother Theodore, and Corey Feldman, and presents Joe Dante’s most savage of lands – suburbia!
- New, restored 2K digital transfer, supervised by director Joe Dante, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary with filmmaker Joe Dante
- Back on the Block, new interviews with cast and crew, including Tom Hanks, Joe Dante, Carrie Fisher, Bruce Dern, Rick Ducommun, Corey Feldman, Wendy Schaal, Nicky Katt, Courtney Gains, and Dick Miller
- A new video piece by Dennis Cozzalio on The ‘Burbs‘s opening sequence
- From Colonial Street to Mayfield Place, Joe Dante on the Universal Studios back lot and its famous homes
- Scoring Suburbia, Joe Dante on composer Jerry Goldsmith and scoring The ‘Burbs
- Stand-up Tragedy, a retrospective on New York theatre icon Brother Theodore
- Rick Ducommun: Piece of Mind, Rick Ducommun’s 1989 HBO comedy special
- Alternate ending
- Extended scenes and deleted content previously believed lost
- Theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by director Ti West