IT’S A MEAN MACHINE – CUTS YOUR HEAD OFF CLEAN!
This classic martial arts death match pits two wuxia icons against each other – the famed One-Armed Boxer (Hong Kong superstar Jimmy Wang Yu) versus a blind assassin (veteran character actor Kam Kong) and his legendary Flying Guillotine. Set in 1730, during the early part of the Ching dynasty, ethnic Chinese Hans formed bands of rebels to fight their Manchurian oppressors. After the One-Armed Boxer, a stoic kung fu expert and Han revolutionary, disposes of two would-be assassins, their master, a formidable blind emissary of the Ching posing as a Buddhist monk, swears revenge, searching out every one-armed martial artist and snatching their heads with his tethered decapitation device called the Flying Guillotine.
Arguably the most famous Hong Kong martial arts film of the post-Bruce Lee, pre-Jackie Chan period, this independently-produced classic is more popular than ever, with a legacy extending to films like Kill Bill and video games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. With its wild, fantasy face-offs and its cosmic Krautrock soundtrack, Master of the Flying Guillotine is undoubtedly a film worthy of losing your head over!
- New High Definition digital transfer
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original Mandarin version and English dub track (uncompressed on the Blu-ray Disc)
- New optional English subtitle translation
- Audio commentary with film critics Andy Klein, Wade Major, and Alex Luu
- Interviews with star/director Jimmy Wang Yu
- Spinning Vengeance – director Quentin Tarantino on Master of the Flying Guillotine
- Design for Decapitation – Grant Imahara on the mechanics of the Flying Guillotine
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Craig Lines