HORRIBLE MUTATION IN ONE EASY-TO-TAKE SUPPLEMENT!
In the Melbourne suburb of Homesville, the residents of the Pebbles Court cul-de-sac enjoy their middle-class comforts unaware that they participate in experimental testing of a “dietary supplement” called Vimuville. Suspicions are raised by a mysterious man who crashes his car into their small community but no one sees the unearthly tentacles that erupt from the man’s gaping neck wound and force their way down his throat. Soon after, the folks in Pebbles Court quickly find themselves deforming, mutating, and exploding in hilariously frightening ways that involve living mucous, rib removals, killer placentas, giant tongues, exploding erections, collapsing craniums, cannibalism, and BODY MELT!
Co-written and directed by Philip Brophy of the experimental rock group → ↑ → and featuring the gory special effects magic of Braindead‘s Bob McCarron, Body Melt is a splatstick classic in the spirit of early Peter Jackson, hailed by Quentin Tarantino as “the best movie of its kind since Re-Animator” and “the best Australian film of the ’90s.”
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- 2K Remastered High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- Audio commentary with writer-director Philip Brophy, writer-producer Rod Bishop, and producer Daniel Scharf
- Audio commentary with Brophy discussing his score for the film
- Making Bodies Melt, the making of Body Melt
- Salt, Saliva, Sperm and Sweat, Brophy’s 1988 experimental short film
- Behind-the-scenes featurette
- Complete storyboards
- Stills gallery
- Original trailer
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Australian film critic Adrian Martin and Philip Brophy’s 2004 article on the film’s making