The Criterion Collection, a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films presents Glengarry Glen Ross.
Adapted from his Pulitzer Prize-winning play, Glengarry Glen Ross shows David Mamet at his searing, profane best. A group of hard-luck real estate salesman/con artists eke a livelihood out of bad leads and duplicitous sales tactics, but when an emissary from their employer arrives from downtown to abusively inform them that half of the sales team will be fired in a week, desperation leads to a plot to burglarize the office, steal the company’s new, winning leads, and find employment with a rival across the street. Featuring one of cinema’s greatest movie ensembles, including Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, and Jonathan Pryce, director James Foley forges a tragically hard-bitten portrait of the American dream’s misuse, where survival means always selling and always closing without care or conscience for how it’s done.
- New 4K digital restoration, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New audio commentary with playwright and screenwriter David Mamet and producer Jerry Tokofsky
- Scene commentaries with director James Foley, actors Alan Arkin and Alec Baldwin, production designer Jane Musky, and cinematographer Juan Ruiz Anchía
- New interview with Al Pacino
- ABC: Always Be Closing, a half-hour documentary on salesmanship including interviews with Foley, documentarian Albert Maysles, and director Gregory Mosher
- Magic Time: A Tribute to Jack Lemmon, a half-hour appreciation of the late actor
- Appearance by Jack Lemmon on the Charlie Rose Show
- Appearance by Kevin Spacey on Inside the Actor’s Studio
- J. Roy: New and Used Furniture, Tony Buba’s 10-minute profile of legendary salesman Jimmy Roy
- Theatrical trailer, with an appreciation from John Landis for Trailers from Hell
- PLUS: A booklet featuring essays by scholar Ira Nadel and critic Stuart Klawans