Winner of the Best Horror Short at the 2015 Fantastic Fest, Fredrik Hana’s Sister Hell (2015) is a Norwegian Nunsploitation horror-comedy about a quiet nun who yearns for a life of voluptuous sin and infernal objectification. With the help of some back alley cosmetic surgery, she achieves her dream only to become the target of the sisterhood that she fled. Sister Hell plays like a post-millennial Ken Russell film, full of heresy and bad taste, then jacked up on body modification, gore, and pornified celebrity in all the best ways.
“Finally, a GOOD film about a detective with Downs syndrome” – Evan Saathoff, BADASS DIGEST
Robert Bogerud (Svein André Hofsø Myhre) runs his own detective office, but he never gets any cases. He has the hat, the trench coat, the cigarette, and the attitude. He also has Down syndrome. When legendary speed skater (and notorious con artist) Olav Starr goes missing, his wife urgently needs an incompetent detective to pacify an affluent and senile grandmother and hires Robert without any desire to find her husband. But Robert’s unique method of sleuthing, using his extraordinary empathy to immerse himself in the missing man’s secret life of cross-dressing, penis pumps, and fetish models, is the key to cracking the case. Detective Downs is a twisty noir tale complete with femme fatales, shocking conspiracies, stunning betrayals, and a headstrong hero who will do anything to get to the bottom of the case.
- Audio commentary by director Bård Breien and star Svein André Hofsø Myrhe
- Making of featurette with extensive rehearsal footage
- Extended and deleted scenes
- Gag reel
- Detective Downs at Fantastic Fest 2013
- 16-page booklet of photos, production stills, and promotional materials, plus an essay by Myrhe
Marihøna Edition – Package Includes:
- Detective Downs on Blu-ray or Standard DVD featuring over 4 hours of bonus material
- High Quality 720p HD Digital Download of the Film Available on Street Date
- 27″ x 40″ poster autographed by Breien and Myrhe
- Limited Edition Olav Starr knit cap