- Love Streams (John Cassavetes, 1984)
- The War of the Stars II: The Future in Motion (The Man Behind the Mask, 2012)
- The Wife of Seishu Hanaoka (Yasuzo Masumura, 1967)
- A Wife Confesses (Yasuzo Masumura, 1961)
- Alphaville (Jean-Luc Godard, 1965)
- Jurassic World (Colin Trevorrow, 2015)
- Pickup on South Street (Samuel Fuller, 1953)
- Le Samouraï (Jean-Pierre Melville, 1967)
- L’avventura (Michelangelo Antonioni, 1960)
- White, White Storks (Ali Khamraev, 1966)
With The Criterion Blogathon coming up quickly, my attention has been focused primarily on revisiting some favourites in the Collection and this list of the last 10 films I’ve watched reflects that. Without saying too much, I’ll confirm that at least two of the titles above will be making it onto my Criterion Top Ten list. The full schedule to The Criterion Blogathon has been uploaded and it’s rather overwhelming (posts are even going up as I write this!) – we recommend heading over, looking for your favourite Criterion titles, and planning your reading list carefully.
As an aside, Jurassic World is only tolerable if one can imagine that Chris Pratt is not playing ‘raptor expert and infallible hero Owen Grady, but is actually portraying Andy Dwyer’s alter ego, Burt Macklin ( … FBI). Now where did those dinosaurs hide the President’s rubies?
The real coup of this list is discovering the Vimeo page for The Man Behind the Mask! We’ve embedded the full fanedit of The War of the Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused into our post on the film, and those interested in more from TMBTM can check out the other films uploaded to his Vimeo page. Sorry kids, no JAWS: The Sharksploitation Edit, but you’ll find more Star Wars goodness, plus fanedits of Indiana Jones and Conan, and still further content from one of the Internet’s best faneditors.